slow ssh login on a cygwin machine

Corinna Vinschen corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com
Wed Feb 29 15:17:00 GMT 2012


On Feb 29 16:26, Ilya Dogolazky wrote:
> Hi !
> 
> 02/28/2012 05:50 PM, ext Corinna Vinschen пишет:
> >Oh, and then again...  did you install the bash-completion package on
> >the server?  It's known to result in such delays sometimes.  I never
> >used it myself so I don't know what it's doing.  Somebody else might
> >know more here.
> 
> That would be a surprise, because the main delay (marked by XXX in
> the attachment to my first e-mail) is happening after "public key
> offer". Anyway, I removed this bash-completion package and nothing
> changed.
> 
> By the way: what is the proper way to remove one single package? I
> marked it as "Uninstall" and the setup.exe started to reinstall all
> other packages. Is it really intended behaviour?

Yes.  setup's default setting is "update all packages".  There's a
command line option which allows to change single packages, though.


Corinna

-- 
Corinna Vinschen                  Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader          cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Red Hat

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple



More information about the Cygwin mailing list