Mercurial not returning with 20110601 snapshot

Sat Jun 4 01:14:00 GMT 2011

On Thu, Jun 02, 2011 at 09:05:57AM -0400, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
>On 2 June 2011 08:27, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 02, 2011 at 06:43:40AM -0400, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
>>>Testing the 20110601 snapshot I've run in to an issue where Mercurial
>>>(specifically python) will not return to the command line when the
>>>command completes:
>>>
>>>I'm guessing this is related to the recent changes to pipe handling?
>>
>> Like other guesses about this: not necessarily.
>
>Fair enough, I should know better than to assume.

Or, maybe I should just listen to your guesses.  You were right.  I made
a change to the pipe code to speed up select and forgot to detect EOF
conditions.  It was a pretty glaring oversight on my part.  This follows
on the heels of my completely screwing up non-blocking reads on pipes so
my track record hasn't been great in this area.

The problem was easy to duplicate:

echo hello | ssh someplace cat

There were also several other problems with tty/console handling.  My
attempt to merge some of the console and pty handling has proved to be
pretty tricky to get right.  The console problems were tickled by strace
so they were harder than usual to track down.

Anyway, thanks for noticing the problem.  It should be fixed in the
snapshot that is being generated now.

http://cygwin.com/snapshots/

Only the snapshot > 2011-06-01 will have the fix.

cgf