NetAPP / cygwin 1.7.7-1 avoid Recycle BIN dot files

Mon Nov 22 14:26:00 GMT 2010

On Nov 22 15:20, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Nov 17 18:46, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > On Nov 17 17:32, koerner.sebastian wrote:
> > > Hello Corinna,
> > >
> > >  Oh, btw.  In your OP you claimed that you have netapps for which Cygwin
> > >  returns "cifs" and other netapps for which Cygwin returns "vfat" as
> > >  filesystem.  The above one is clearly one of the "cifs" type.
> > >
> > >  Here's the question: Do you *really* have some for which the latest
> > >  Cygwin 1.7.7 or the latest snapshot returns "vfat" and are they *really*
> > >  netapps?  In theory I'd expect that those are just remote FAT FS on some
> > >  remote Windows machine, and they shouldn't be affected by the reported
> > >  problem.
> > >

> > > I just checked and think I must have something mixed up.
> > > Under 1.7.7-1 both netapps are listed in "mount" as cifs and in getVolInfo as FAT with pretty much the same attribute set.
> >
> > Pretty much is not the same.  Can you please send the getVolInfo output
> > for the other drive, too?
>
> And, can you please check the next developer snapshot from
> http://cygwin.com/snapshots and see if it fixes your problem?

More details:  The patch is supposed to recognize netapp drives claiming
to be FAT as well.  So mount should show "netapp" now, rather than
"cifs".  It should also result in not using the recycle bin method for
your FAT-faking netapp drives.

Corinna

Red Hat