NetAPP / cygwin 1.7.7-1 avoid Recycle BIN dot files

Gary cygwin@garydjones.name
Thu Nov 18 07:56:00 GMT 2010

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Oh, btw.  In your OP you claimed that you have netapps for which Cygwin
> returns "cifs" and other netapps for which Cygwin returns "vfat" as
> filesystem.  The above one is clearly one of the "cifs" type.
>
> Here's the question: Do you *really* have some for which the latest
> Cygwin 1.7.7 or the latest snapshot returns "vfat" and are they *really*
> netapps?  In theory I'd expect that those are just remote FAT FS on some
> remote Windows machine, and they shouldn't be affected by the reported
> problem.

Sorry for jumping in, I seem to have missed most of the rest of the
thread somehow so maybe my assumption this is about not using the
recycle bin on NetApp drives is incorrect, but wouldn't allowing the
configuration of whether to use the recycle bin per mount point be a
better way of dealing with this than trying to "guess" based on (faulty)
information got back from the drive? Actually I thought this was already
possible, but can't find it on the website.