AF_UNIX shutdown

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Fri Oct 16 12:55:19 GMT 2020

Hi Corinna,

I'm about to add some code to handle shutdown info, and I want to make sure that
I understand how this is supposed to work.  fhandler_socket_unix::shutdown
contains the following comment:

/* Send shutdown info to peer.  Note that it's not necessarily fatal
    if the info isn't sent here.  The info will be reproduced by any
    followup package sent to the peer. */

Does that mean that sendmsg should send its shutdown state as part of every
packet it sends?

And I guess recvmsg should call grab_admin_pkg at every opportunity and should
also check the shutdown state in every regular packet it reads?

Thanks.

Ken