New API call for path conversion

Sat Feb 23 14:29:00 GMT 2008

On Feb 22 16:36, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I actually don't care if we add a new function but I thought some
> neutral examination of the pros and cons was called for.

Maybe it wasn't clear from my original mail, but that's exactly the
reason why I started this thread.  The whole idea was discussing a new
interface for a path name conversion API.  I made a proposal which in
*my* opinion is best fitted to serve that purpose.  Everybody should
feel free to make another proposal or to suggest changes to my proposal.