New API call for path conversion

Eric Blake ebb9@byu.net
Fri Feb 22 23:09:00 GMT 2008

According to Christopher Faylor on 2/22/2008 2:36 PM:
> Also, who is the expected consumer of this function?  A linux program
> doesn't need it.  And it doesn't really matter if it's not 100% clean if
> the only real consumers of the function are programs which are entirely
> under our control like mount or cygcheck.

Both the coreutils and bash packages happen to use cygwin path conversion
at the moment, in my cygwin-specific patching (coreutils to make 'mv foo
Foo' behave nicely by detecting whether two names represent different case
spellings of the same underlying file, bash to convert Windows path names
into POSIX names to reduce the number of complaints about behavior on text
mounts).

Eric Blake             ebb9@byu.net