[MinGW-dvlpr] Problems with cross compiler w32api/lib/Makefile.in

Christopher Faylor cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com
Mon Sep 11 16:07:00 GMT 2006

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 08:19:59AM -0400, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>Quoting Chris Sutcliffe <ir0nh34d@gmail.com>:
>
>> Hey All,
>>
>> I just tried to compile w32api for MinGW and found that it's now
>> throwing all the header files in include/w32api.  It's coming from
>> lib/Makefile.in:
>>

>That means that Corrina broke the magic.  Only a cygwin target should
>put the headers in /include/w32api and /include/mingw.  Adding
>cygwin-developers to the distribution.
>
>> ifneq (,$(findstring cygwin,$(target_alias)))
>> inst_includedir:=$(tooldir)/include/w32api
>> inst_libdir:=$(tooldir)/lib/w32api
>> else
>> ifneq (,$with_cross_host)
>> inst_includedir:=$(tooldir)/include/w32api
>> inst_libdir:=$(tooldir)/lib
>> else
>> inst_includedir:=$(includedir)
>> inst_libdir:=$(libdir)
>> endif
>> endif
>>
>> It seems that the $with_cross_host is catching the MinGW based compile
>> as well.  Do I add a rule explicitly for MinGW:
>>

>Maybe.
>
>> ifneq (,$(findstring mingw,$(target_alias)))
>> inst_includedir:=$(includedir)
>> inst_libdir:=$(libdir)
>> else
>>
>>Though that seems to defeat the purpose of the file 'else'.  I'd
>>appreciate some help here, given that autotools are really not my
>>strong suit.
>
>It used to work.  What changed?

Corinna was trying to get things working so that a cross-mingw
environment could be built for Linux.  Looking at the configure code,
it's obvious that the with_cross_host test is too broad of a test for
what she was trying to do.

Since she isn't going to be around for a while, I'm going to back out
the problematic part of her code.  I suspect that just changing the

ifneq (,$with_cross_host)

to something which specifically tests for mingw is probably the right
solution, but I'll work with Corinna on that when she gets back.