Yes, it's time for 1.5.4-1
Thu Sep 11 15:45:00 GMT 2003
We've amassed an impressive list of fixes and improvements since 1.5.3
and I actually at least one of the changes here to build gcc 3.3.1.
So, please improve the text below. I suspect that the usual suspects,
Pierre and Corinna, need to add some more words. I know for a fact that
Corinna needs to fill in my memory block below.
I hope to release 1.5.4 over the weekend.
Oh, and it won't have my signal revamp in it. I'm not that brave.
From: Christopher Faylor <email@example.com>
Subject: Updated: cygwin-1.5.4-1
I've made a new version of the Cygwin DLL and associated utilities
available for download. As usual, a list of what has changed is below.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Red Hat, Inc.
Changes since 1.5.3-1:
- Shared memory security fixes. (Pierre Humblet)
- Signal handler tweaks. (Christopher Faylor)
- Fix crash when resizing a console window. (Christopher Faylor)
- mmap fixes to avoid memory corruption caused by mmap table management.
- Fix problem where misbehaving program (like tee.exe) could trash its
command line and, cause a crash when queried by procps. (Christopher Faylor)
- Make sleep, nanosleep properly return correctly rounded amount of time left
to sleep. (Pierre Humblet)
- Avoid defining IPv6 stuff in cygwin headers since it really isn't available
and could confuse some programs that check for it (like libjava).
- Fill in '.' and '..' fields for directories which lack them.
- Export argz* and envz* functions from newlib. (Nicholas Wourms)
- Implement endusershell, getusershell and setusershell. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Initialize pw_comment field in passwd fields parsed by cygwin (apparently
helps perl). (Christopher Faylor)
- Implement many new functions from ***mental blank***. (Corinna Vinschem)
- *Finally* move getopt function into the cygwin DLL. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Fix "find won't recurse into last N directories in a drive root (like
c:\) where N == 1 || N == 2" problem. (Christopher Faylor)
More information about the Cygwin-developers