gethostname() patch

Corinna Vinschen vinschen@redhat.com
Fri Jan 10 12:55:00 GMT 2003

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 07:18:01AM -0500, Sergey Okhapkin wrote:
> Two notes:
>
> 1. Why do you call set_winsock_errno() but not set_errno() if
> GetComputerName() failed?

set_winsock_errno() sets errno.  Gethostname() is a network function, so...

> 2. You're comparing the return value of gethostname() with SOCKET_ERROR.
> What the return value will be if TCPIP is not installed?

Ooh, is there still any machine out there which hasn't TCP/IP installed?

It would have raised a fatal error message so far.  I've changed that
so that in case the function can't get loaded, the return value is != 0.

> > My questions is:  Shouldn't uname call this function as well?  Uname
> > still uses the upper case value returned from GetComputerName().

What about my question?

Red Hat, Inc.