has anyone run the test suite recently?

egor duda deo@logos-m.ru
Fri May 24 06:18:00 GMT 2002

Hi!

Friday, 24 May, 2002 Conrad Scott Conrad.Scott@dsl.pipex.com wrote:

CS> "Conrad Scott" <Conrad.Scott@dsl.pipex.com> wibbled:
CS>> I did notice that if I compiled cygwin (i.e. the dll and so forth) with
CS>> the  current release (1.3.10-1) installed on my machine, I got a sequence of
CS>> problems with the tests. But if I installed a newly built copy of cygwin
CS>> and *then* re-built and re-tested the same source tree, it all passed fine.
CS>> I'll try this again and preserve some log files.

CS> Having decided to think about what I wrote (perhaps I'll get the hang of
CS> doing this *before* I post one day), I assume that 'make check' is really a
CS> post-install test as otherwise it can't use the newly built dll. Thus one
CS> would rather expect some test failures if it was done before installation
CS> (as I might have been trying . . .).

Actually, testsuite is supposed to test not yet installed
new-cygwin1.dll.
If you take a look at Makefiles and testsuite scripts, you'll see that
all tests are linked with special import library, which makes them use
new-cygwin1.dll instead of cygwin1.dll and are run via cygrun so they
don't interfere with other running cygwin processes.