FS layout issues for v1.1 (eg., /bin and /usr/bin)

Chris Faylor cgf@cygnus.com
Tue Feb 29 10:34:00 GMT 2000

On Tue, Feb 29, 2000 at 11:43:21AM -0600, Parker, Ron wrote:

> [...]

There are no side effects.  The biggest problem is "user confusion".  It's pretty
obvious what's going on when you do a "ls -l /usr".  It's not so obvious when
you are using mounts.

Someone mentioned that symlinks might be slow on network drives.  I'm not worried
about that.  The problem is that symlinks *may not work* on network drives.

That may blow the symlink idea out of the water, unfortunately.