howto crosscompile a source

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Thu Sep 21 18:46:00 GMT 2006

On 21 September 2006 08:41, eWobbuh wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> i m very new to crosscompiling (and linux ;) ).. i have a working toolchain
> and uclibc for the mips32. I have compiled a simple c program (hello world)
> and is working fine. But now i want compile something bigger (openobex and
> ussp-push).. but how to begin? if just run ./configure and the make && make
> install, it just compiles, and thats not what i want..

  Well, with most autotoolized software, if you want to *cross* compile it to
a different target, you specify "--target=<target-triplet>" as an argument to
configure, where <target-triplet> matches your compiler's target, and the
configure script should find and use the cross-compiler automagically.

    cheers,
      DaveK