crosstool patches for glibc-20051017

Robert P. J. Day rpjday@mindspring.com
Sun Oct 23 18:05:00 GMT 2005

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005, Dan Kegel wrote:

> Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >   for anyone interested in patches for the current snapshot
> > glibc-20051017, i've attached a gzipped tarball which represents
> > the mods and deletions from the patches for glibc-2.3.5.
> >
> >   some patches just got rediffed, some were deleted since they're
> > now incorporated into the glibc source, and some were deleted
> > since the arm/ subdirectory just doesn't exist any more in a
> > couple of places. (not sure what to think of that last bit.)
>
> It may have moved into the ports addon, like linuxthreads. crosstool
> needs to start downloading and installing the ports addon, I'm
> afraid.

i suspected something like that.  i'm certainly not claiming that that
set of new patches is complete.  all i can say is that they're
rediffed to apply cleanly and a number of patches that were removed
were verified to no longer be necessary.

if anyone wants to compare these with the earlier glibc-2.3.5 patches,
they're welcome to tweak them.  for now, you can just toss them into a
new patches directory as a starting point if you want.

rday