GCC -3.4.0 build error for arm?

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Mon May 31 17:00:00 GMT 2004

Poornachandran, RajeshX wrote:
>  Thanks for your help. Sorry for not communicating properly. I am
> building gcc tool chain using gcc-3.4.0, linux-2.6.6 with crosstool. I
> changed the crosstool appropriately to build for arm-based target. I had
> the errors in doing so, which I posted and got clarification from the
> Crossgcc mailing list. I had those problems while trying to build using
> Fedora-2 Core as host. I tried the same with Red Hat linux 9.0. I was
> able to successfully build. I don't know the reason for the same.

Ah, interesting.  Well, glad things are working.  For what it's worth,
I just got arm softfloat compiling with gcc-3.4.0 and linux-2.6.6 myself,
so the next snapshot of crosstool should require no changes
whatsoever for arm (if it does, please let me know).

By the way, since you're planning on improving gcc (I think
you said that in one of your earlier posts), are you planning
to also run the gcc regression test suite?
- Dan

--
My technical stuff: http://kegel.com