GCC -3.4.0 build error for arm?

Poornachandran, RajeshX rajeshx.poornachandran@intel.com
Mon May 31 12:21:00 GMT 2004

Dan,

 Thanks for your help. Sorry for not communicating properly. I am
building gcc tool chain using gcc-3.4.0, linux-2.6.6 with crosstool. I
changed the crosstool appropriately to build for arm-based target. I had
the errors in doing so, which I posted and got clarification from the
Crossgcc mailing list. I had those problems while trying to build using
Fedora-2 Core as host. I tried the same with Red Hat linux 9.0. I was
able to successfully build. I don't know the reason for the same.

I thank you and others in the mailing list for helping me.

-Rajesh

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Kegel [mailto:dank@kegel.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 29, 2004 5:34 AM
To: Poornachandran, RajeshX
Cc: crossgcc@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: GCC -3.4.0 build error for arm?

Poornachandran, RajeshX wrote:
>  I am trying to build GCC tool chain with gcc-3.4.0 and linux -2.6.5
for
> arm arch. I get the following build error. I have applied the
gcc-3.4.0
> patch and I have disabled the multilib too.
>
> /usr/local/xscale/arm-linux/gcc-3.4.0-glibc-2.3.2/arm-linux/bin/ld:
cannot find -lc
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [libgcc_s.so] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/rpoornax/gcc/crosstool-0.28-rc16/build/arm-linux/gcc-3.4.0-glibc-
2.3.2/build-glibc/build-gcc/gcc'

Rajash,
are you using crosstool unmodified?  You have clearly edited
*something*,
since you're using a target of 'arm-linux', which I never use in my
scripts, because it doesn't work with the gcc regression tests.

Your messages tend to leave me guessing as to what you're actually
doing,
and how to reproduce your problem.  You might have a look at
- Dan

--
My technical stuff: http://kegel.com
My politics: see http://www.misleader.org for examples of why I'm for