Linux, requiring gperf for gcc-2.95

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker@tc.fluke.COM
Tue Aug 10 23:47:00 GMT 1999

I managed to get stcarrez' HC11 patches integrated into gcc-2.95,
and got GDB, binutils, and GCC to build ok on a SuSE6.1 system,
but cannot get GCC to build on SuSE5.3, RH5.2, or RH6.0 systems
(all Linux distributions).

The main trouble I'm having is that I don't have gperf.  I
downloaded it (and the patch), but then couldn't build it
because of needing libstd++.so.  I'll assume that SuSE6.1
has it included, because I compiled everything successfully
on that system.

According to the FAQ in the gcc-2.95 directory, I shouldn't
need gperf anyway for a released version of GCC, but only for
a CVS version.  Is this correct?

Is is possible that I can snag the output files the gperf
would have produced (perhaps from my SuSE6.1 system), put them
in place and get GCC to build on my other systems?

Curt Mills, WE7U                         hacker.NO_*SPAM@tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin