Autogenerate ChangeLog commits

Tom Tromey tom@tromey.com
Tue May 11 20:27:14 GMT 2021

>>>>> "Hans-Peter" == Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp@bitrange.com> writes:

Hans-Peter> On the more serious side, how about adopting the wonderful gcc
Hans-Peter> commit-hook and scripts that takes care of this, already?

I tried this recently and found it even worse than the status quo, so
strong -1 from me, unless it somehow does not apply to gdb.

glibc I think fully automated ChangeLogs and got rid of any need to
format any kind of entry.  Dunno if that would work for gdb but it might
for the C code in tree.

Hans-Peter> PS. Not a debate about having ChangeLogs at all, please.

We've been discussing this on the gdb maintainers list.
I'm still hopeful it is what we'll adopt there.

thanks,
Tom