readelf -aW: The decoding of unwind sections for machine type Advanced Micro Devices X86-64 is not currently supported.

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Fri May 7 14:26:48 GMT 2021

Hi Jim, Hi Peng,

> The purpose of the -u option is to print
> target dependent unwind info.  But x86_64 does not need or require any
> target dependent unwind info, so there is nothing to print.  Yes, the
> message is a little confusing in this case.

True - I have applied a small patch to change the message to:

   No processor specific unwind information to decode