Please enable fast forward for user branches

Mike Frysinger vapier@gentoo.org
Tue Mar 30 11:53:57 GMT 2021

On 30 Mar 2021 10:17, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> Actually, we do use the git-hooks (https://github.com/adacore/git-hooks)
> which allow per-reference configuration of that restriction. That's
> what I was trying to explain in my message.

gotcha

iiuc, the hooks are only accessible to a handful of devs who have admin
access (i.e. ssh terminal on sourceware.org).  could we move these to
git themselves ?  in past admin roles, i'd setup the hooks as yet another
git repo for people to clone so people could send patches, or if review
systems were available, to send PR's.  only admins could approve, but
everyone could still contribute & review directly.
-mike