[PATCH] gas: update csect alignment for PPC prefixed instructions on XCOFF

Alan Modra amodra@gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 01:23:04 GMT 2021


On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 06:49:04AM +0000, CHIGOT, CLEMENT wrote:
> >> +++ b/gas/config/tc-ppc.c
> >> @@ -4039,6 +4039,10 @@ md_assemble (char *str)
> >>         boundaries.  */
> >>        frag_align_code (6, 4);
> >>        record_alignment (now_seg, 6);
> >> +#ifdef OBJ_XCOFF
> >> +      /* Update alignment of the containing csect.  */
> >> +      symbol_get_tc (ppc_current_csect)->align = 6;
> >> +#endif
> >
> > Is there a possibility that this might decrease alignment?  If so, you
> > should write:
> > 
> >     if (symbol_get_tc (ppc_current_csect)->align < 6)
> >        symbol_get_tc (ppc_current_csect)->align = 6;
> 
> Any value can be passed for the alignment of csect. Thus, it might be
> possible but I doubt it will ever happen. 
> Anyway I've updated the patch.

OK, I've committed the patch for you.

-- 
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM


More information about the Binutils mailing list