[PATCH 00/13] CTF dumper improvements, a lookup testsuite, and bugfixes

Nick Alcock nick.alcock@oracle.com
Tue Jan 5 19:32:40 GMT 2021


On 5 Jan 2021, H. J. Lu via Binutils stated:

> On Tue, Jan 5, 2021 at 11:07 AM Nick Alcock <nick.alcock@oracle.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 5 Jan 2021, H. J. Lu via Binutils uttered the following:
>>
>> > Can you verify and check in the check_ctf_available change first to
>> > unbreak cross binutils?
>>
>> This is all the same change: check_ctf_available crashes without all the
>> other stuff :(
>>
>> But yes, I'm verifying now. (I presume you see it not only in cross
>> builds but in any build with a non-ctf-capable compiler.)
>
> I also got
>
> cc -B/export/build/gnu/tools-build/binutils/build-x86_64-linux/libctf/tmpdir/libctf/
>  -O2 -g -Wformat -Werror=format-security   -fcf-protection
> -I/export/gnu/import/git/sources/binutils-gdb/libctf/../include
> -I/export/gnu/import/git/sources/binutils-gdb/libctf -I. -I./../bfd
> -gt -fPIC -shared
> /export/gnu/import/git/sources/binutils-gdb/libctf/testsuite/libctf-lookup/ambiguous-struct-A.c
> /export/gnu/import/git/sources/binutils-gdb/libctf/testsuite/libctf-lookup/ambiguous-struct-B.c
> -o tmpdir/out.so
> Executing on host: sh -c {cc
> -B/export/build/gnu/tools-build/binutils/build-x86_64-linux/libctf/tmpdir/libctf/
>  -O2 -g -Wformat -Werror=format-security   -fcf-protection
> -I/export/gnu/import/git/sources/binutils-gdb/libctf/../include
> -I/export/gnu/import/git/sources/binutils-gdb/libctf -I. -I./../bfd
> -gt -fPIC -shared
> /export/gnu/import/git/sources/binutils-gdb/libctf/testsuite/libctf-lookup/ambiguous-struct-A.c
> /export/gnu/import/git/sources/binutils-gdb/libctf/testsuite/libctf-lookup/ambiguous-struct-B.c
> -o tmpdir/out.so 2>&1}  /dev/null libctf.tmp (timeout = 300)
> spawn [open ...]^M
> cc: error: unrecognized debug output level 't'
> cc: error: unrecognized debug output level 't'

OK, this is what the patch above is meant to fix. It's clearly not doing
what I thought it should: I've got a non-CTF-capable compiler now and
will iterate until I fix it.

More soon.

>       |       %i>ERROR: compilation of lookup program

OK that's a genuine bug, will fix (though honestly I'm wondering if I
should just prune warnings out in this testsuite).

Thanks for spotting these!



More information about the Binutils mailing list