[Patch][AArch64] - Error on load pair to same register
Ryan Mansfield
rmansfield@qnx.com
Mon Nov 17 14:57:00 GMT 2014
On 14-11-13 05:20 AM, Jiong Wang wrote:
> On 12/11/14 20:07, Ryan Mansfield wrote:
>> I doubt that any one would intentionally do this operation since the
>> behaviour is unpredictable so it just seems safer to reject the code.
>
> Hi Ryan,
>
> thanks for reporting this.
>
> I think the encoding of same register is allowed in ISA manual, while
> the behavior is unpredictable. In principle, all allowed encoding need
> to be supported, while if its behavior is unpredictable, then we need
> to give warning instead of error which abort the assembling.
Hi Jiong,
Thanks for your comments. If it's a warning that should be issued, then
operand_general_constraint_met_p in libopcodes probably isn't the place
to be warning from, and better to handle it in md_assemble after the
operands have already been parsed.
I added some warnings about unpredictable writebacks as well. I realize
there's many more unpredictable conditions in the ARMv8 ARM. If anyone
feels like these are valuable to catch at assemble time, I can go and
add more checks.
2014-11-17 Ryan Mansfield <rmansfield@qnx.com>
* config/tc-aarch64.c (md_assemble): Call warn_unpredictable.
(warn_unpredictable): New.
2014-11-17 Ryan Mansfield <rmansfield@qnx.com>
* gas/aarch64/diagnostic.s: Add new warnings test patterns.
* gas/aarch64/diagnostic.l: Update expected diagnostic output.
Regards,
Ryan Mansfield
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: unpredictable.diff
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 3494 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20141117/2856133c/attachment.bin>
More information about the Binutils
mailing list