[RFC][MIPS] What to do about DT_MIPS_RLD_MAP and PIE

Maciej W. Rozycki macro@codesourcery.com
Thu Nov 13 18:00:00 GMT 2014

On Thu, 13 Nov 2014, Matthew Fortune wrote:

> OK, unless anyone objects I will prepare patches on that basis.
>
> It looks like there are no GNU tags defined yet in the 'new'
> OS range for tags. Should I just take the first one?
>
> #define DT_GNU_RLD_MAP 0x6000000d

 That would be the natural choice in my opinion unless someone already
uses it for something in a private tree or branch and did not mention it
so far, but plans to submit their code.  I think we shouldn't be causing
hassle to anyone unnecessarily.  Do we have a place (other than the
relevant pieces of source code) we use to document our (GNU) ABI
conventions?

  Maciej