Sync config.sub from upstream?

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@lug-owl.de
Tue Dec 23 22:27:00 GMT 2014

On Tue, 2014-12-23 08:00:12 -0500, Joel Brobecker <brobecker@adacore.com> wrote:
> > The architecture 'ft32' has been added to config.sub, so I would like
> > to propose an import of the updated config.sub into binutils-gdb.
>
> Using my GDB hat, config.sub re-syncs are semi-obvious patches, so
> it usually is no trouble to make the update. But you'll need to
> follow the same procedure as any other patch to submit the update.
> Or would you like us to do it for you?

IIRC, it was decided long ago that importing upstream configury files
is always obvious, and the Binutils repo syncs this obvious stuff
from GCC.

  I used to keep an eye on up-to-date files, syncing upstream, GCC and
Binutils. Some weeks ago, I had another run on that and (after
Christmas) will continue that again.

  So yes, you'd feel free to import that IMHO.

MfG, JBG

--
      Jan-Benedict Glaw      jbglaw@lug-owl.de              +49-172-7608481
Signature of:               http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/questions.html