PATCH: Compress debug sections for Linux/x86 by default

Joel Brobecker brobecker@adacore.com
Sun Dec 14 15:49:00 GMT 2014

> > Are things still going to work if GDB is configured without zlib,
> > or instance?
>
> No.  Zlib must be enabled.  Since I only enabled it in Linux/x86
> assembler, I think it is acceptable.

FWIW, for an incompatible change like that, it would have been nice if
people had a chance to comment on it before you went ahead and pushed
it as if it was obvious. Your old message mentioning this change is
better than nothing for sure, but even if others agreed then, some
of them might still not be ready for this change.

--
Joel