binutils 2.20 gone missing?

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill@oarcorp.com
Thu Jan 17 18:58:00 GMT 2013


On 1/17/2013 12:43 PM, Sebastian Unger wrote:
> Hi Joel,
>
> that was 2.20.1a. The two are now identical in the archive, so 2.20.1a
> replaced 2.20.1 completely. But there's no trace of 2.20.
Ahh...

I checked an RTEMS tools testing machine and I have the 
binutils-2.20.tar.bz2 file on it.

$ md5sum binutils-2.20.tar.bz2
ee2d3e996e9a2d669808713360fa96f8  binutils-2.20.tar.bz2

Do I need to arrange to get it to someone to get it back on the
GNU machine?
> Cheers,
> Seb
>
> On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 7:42 AM, Joel Sherrill
> <Joel.Sherrill@oarcorp.com> wrote:
>> Wasn't 2.20.1 just to correct a packaging issue? Or am I remembering another .1?
>>
>> --joel
>>
>> Sebastian Unger <sebunger44@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>
>> Hi Nick & Clifton,
>>
>> I'm trying to reproduce a toolchain from source to the point of being
>> able to produce binary identical output from an tag of our sources.
>> The toolchain used to use 2.20, so that's what I was going for. I
>> wanted to know why 2.20 had been removed. I.e. was it an accident or
>> was there some serious flaw with it and it was recalled. In that
>> latter case I need to think about whether we really DO want to produce
>> binary identical output or rather get the benefit of not having the
>> flaw. (whatever that might be).
>>
>> An alternative explanation could be that you guys never released a
>> 2.20 in which case I have to start researching more where we got it
>> from.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Seb
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 3:52 AM, nick clifton <nickc@redhat.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Seb,
>>>
>>>
>>>> I'm trying to rebuild an older tool-chain of mine which was using
>>>> binutils 2.20. I was surprised that that source tarball is gone from
>>>> http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/binutils/.
>>>
>>> I can see a binutils-2.20.1.tar.bz2 file there.  Is that not what you want ?
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>    Nick
>>>


-- 
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research & Development
joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com        On-Line Applications Research
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS  Huntsville AL 35805
Support Available                (256) 722-9985



More information about the Binutils mailing list