[Gold] Can't we specify input files & libraries in linker scripts ?

Cary Coutant ccoutant@google.com
Mon Aug 12 21:24:00 GMT 2013

> It's ok to specify the input files & libraries in the command line,But  if
> we add default libraries to be linked in linker script with the "GROUP"
> clause, "internal error" occurs.  This "internal error" occurs because of
> the  assertion in binutlis-2.23.2/gold/script.cc:1600 ,which says :
>
> gold_assert(!closure.saw_inputs());
>
> Does it means we can't specify any input files & libraries in linker script
> ?

You can specify input files and libraries in a script that you put on
the command line as an ordinary input file (i.e., with no
-T/--script/--version-script option). If you see this error, it's
probably because you used -T/--script.

It's a bug, though, that you see an internal error instead of a
reasonable error message explaining what was wrong.

-cary