[Gold] Can't we specify input files & libraries in linker scripts ?

Shawn shaolin.xie@ia.ac.cn
Mon Aug 12 03:15:00 GMT 2013

Hi Lan:
     Sorry to bother you again.
     We have ported the Gold to our DSP architecture and we have
encountered some difficulties and really need your help.

It's ok to specify the input files & libraries in the command line,But
if we add default libraries to be linked in linker script with the
"GROUP" clause, "internal error" occurs.  This "internal error" occurs
because of the  assertion in binutlis-2.23.2/gold/script.cc:1600 ,which
says :

gold_assert(!closure.saw_inputs());

Does it means we can't specify any input files & libraries in linker
script ?

thanks in advance.

Shawn.