top-level configure.ac changes lost in sync
Jan-Benedict Glaw
jbglaw@lug-owl.de
Thu Nov 15 21:02:00 GMT 2012
On Wed, 2012-11-14 21:05:04 -0500, DJ Delorie <dj@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> Checkin rules are documented in the toplevel MAINTAINERS file:
>
> Makefile.*; configure; configure.ac; src-release
> Any global maintainer can approve changes to these
[...]
> > The patch below restores the wrongly-reverted change. How do I get this
> > in so it won't be clobbered again?
>
> What you did is correct, but patches should be committed to both src
> and gcc (preferably by the author ;) to keep them in sync. There is
> no automatic process to sync them; any such attempt should review all
> patches to *both* repos and apply missing patches *as* patches.
I'm auto-building toolchains for some 30 targets on a daily basis, it
wouldn't be any pain for me to hack a script to check the top-level
files for differences. I already have commit rights to gcc and src,
but not IMHO for gdb.
So... I'll prepare a script to spot changes to the toplevel files and
and merge it to the other repos. Shall I only *notify* the other
repo's mailing lists, or wait for separate ACK for each of them?
What about the generated files?
MfG, JBG
--
Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@lug-owl.de +49-172-7608481
Signature of: What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for
the second : others and the world remains and is immortal. (Albert Pine)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20121115/39393109/attachment.sig>
More information about the Binutils
mailing list