Is it possible to compile binutils for arm-apple-darwin target?

Tristan Gingold gingold@adacore.com
Tue May 29 09:30:00 GMT 2012

On May 29, 2012, at 11:17 AM, bsa2000 wrote:

> Tristan Gingold-2 wrote:
>>

>> On May 29, 2012, at 10:49 AM, bsa2000 wrote:
>>

>>> I'm searching for a way to build MacOS-to-iOS GNU cross-compilation
>>> toolchain. Is it possible to compile binutils for arm-apple-darwin
>>> target?
>>
>> No, this configuration is not (yet ?) supported.
>
> Thanks. But I don't understand why did you commit a number of patches
> related to ARM and Mach-O? If Mach-O is not supported on ARM (since
> arm-apple-darwin is not a valid target) why do you need to maintain and
> update the source code for it?

There is a minimal code to read ARM mach-o files, but nothing more.
Note that the x86 architecture is not well supported too (in particular,
the assembler isn't).

Tristan.