Is it possible to compile binutils for arm-apple-darwin target?

bsa2000 bsa2000@front.ru
Tue May 29 09:17:00 GMT 2012

Tristan Gingold-2 wrote:

> On May 29, 2012, at 10:49 AM, bsa2000 wrote:
>

>> I'm searching for a way to build MacOS-to-iOS GNU cross-compilation
>> toolchain. Is it possible to compile binutils for arm-apple-darwin
>> target?
>
> No, this configuration is not (yet ?) supported.
>
> Tristan.
>
>> --
>> Nabble.com.

Thanks. But I don't understand why did you commit a number of patches
related to ARM and Mach-O? If Mach-O is not supported on ARM (since
arm-apple-darwin is not a valid target) why do you need to maintain and
update the source code for it?