'match_priority' problem - missing priority for ARM/MIPS/PPC

Jason Richards jsn.richards@gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 12:21:00 GMT 2012


I compiled a binutils 2.22 configured for all targets.  I noticed a
change in binutils
target architecture recognition compared to 2.20.  objdump no longer selects or
reports a proper list of architectures when the format encountered is
ambiguous.
I did some searching on the mail list to see this [match_priority] is
a new concept.
I solved this problem with the following patch. Did I miss something?

Thanks in advance,
~Jason

*** binutils-2.22/bfd/elf32-arm.c   Mon Nov 21 01:29:13 2011
--- elf32-arm.c Tue Jun 26 17:37:43 2012
***************
*** 1990,1995 ****
--- 1990,1998 ----
 #define TARGET_LITTLE_NAME              "elf32-littlearm"
 #define TARGET_BIG_SYM                  bfd_elf32_bigarm_vec
 #define TARGET_BIG_NAME                 "elf32-bigarm"
+ #undef  elf_match_priority
+ #define elf_match_priority 0
+

 #define elf_backend_grok_prstatus elf32_arm_nabi_grok_prstatus
 #define elf_backend_grok_psinfo       elf32_arm_nabi_grok_psinfo
***************
*** 15400,15405 ****
--- 15403,15410 ----
 #define TARGET_BIG_SYM                  bfd_elf32_bigarm_vxworks_vec
 #undef  TARGET_BIG_NAME
 #define TARGET_BIG_NAME                 "elf32-bigarm-vxworks"
+ #undef  elf_match_priority
+ #define elf_match_priority 1

 /* Like elf32_arm_link_hash_table_create -- but overrides
    appropriately for VxWorks.  */
***************
*** 15686,15691 ****
--- 15691,15698 ----
 #define TARGET_BIG_SYM                  bfd_elf32_bigarm_symbian_vec
 #undef  TARGET_BIG_NAME
 #define TARGET_BIG_NAME                 "elf32-bigarm-symbian"
+ #undef  elf_match_priority
+ #define elf_match_priority 2

 /* Like elf32_arm_link_hash_table_create -- but overrides
    appropriately for Symbian OS.  */



More information about the Binutils mailing list