More fixes for files bigger than 2GB

Francois Gouget fgouget@codeweavers.com
Wed Jun 27 09:35:00 GMT 2012


On Fri, 18 May 2012, Francois Gouget wrote:
[...]
> $ dd if=/dev/zero of=file4G bs=1M count=4096
> 4096+0 enregistrements lus
> 4096+0 enregistrements écrits
> 4294967296 bytes (4,3 GB) copied, 44,7366 s, 96,0 MB/s
> $ ./binutils/ar q ar4G.ar file4G
> $ ./binutils/ar tv ar4G.ar
> rw-r--r-- 1001/2000      0 May 18 08:29 2012 file4G
> $ ./binutils/ar x ar4G.ar
> $ ls -l file4G
> -rw-r--r-- 1 gouget cw 0 mai 18 14:06 file4G
> $ ./binutils/ar p ar4G.ar >file4G
> $ ls -l file4G
> -rw-r--r-- 1 gouget cw 0 mai 18 14:07 file4G

I have noticed that the fix for this issue did not get committed. 
So I created a new bug so the patch does not get lost in the mailing 
list archive.

* ar mishandles 4GB files
  http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=14302


Let me know if I should repost the patch here or change it in any way.


-- 
Francois Gouget <fgouget@codeweavers.com>


More information about the Binutils mailing list