gold linker 2.22 regressed for DragonFly [revised testsuite results]

John Marino binutils@marino.st
Tue Jan 3 09:20:00 GMT 2012

On 1/2/2012 11:55 PM, John Marino wrote:

> It appears that many of these 42 failures are false positives.
> There seems to be something wrong with the testsuite makefile.
> If I type something like ">gmake gc_orphan_section_test.stdout"
> then the stdout file is created, and "./gc_orphan_section_test.sh"
> test passes just fine.
>
> For whatever reason, these makefile targets aren't getting run.
>
> I'm also getting several similar error messages like, "
> Makefile:2639: warning: overriding recipe for target 'ifuncmain1picstatic'
> Makefile:2636: warning: ignoring old recipe for target 'ifuncmain1picstatic'"
>
> John

I manually generated all the missing support files and re-ran the testsuite.
I'm now getting 7 failures out of 137 (log attached).

1. incremental_test:      suspect this is not really an error (failed v2.21 too)
2. ver_matching_test.sh:  __bss_start not local, rtld issue? real issue? (failed on v2.21 too)
3. exception_static_test: likely real problem.  gdb log attached
4. intpri2:               likely real problem.  gdb log attached
5. relro_test:            no relro support in rtld, ignore
6. relro_now_test:        no relro support in rtld, ignore
7. relro_strip_test:      no relro support in rtld, ignore

I'm most worried about tests 3 and 4.
The exception didn't get caught back in exception_test_1.cc.  System compiler is gcc 4.4.7
(2011-10-25 snapshot) using dl_iterate_phdr for exception handling.
Test 4 may have failed due to the changed ctors setting in option.h ??

Any comment/guidance about the testsuite results is appreciated.
It looks like gold is fairly healthy on DragonFly after altering option.h though.

John