gold linker 2.22 regressed for DragonFly

John Marino binutils@marino.st
Mon Jan 2 22:56:00 GMT 2012


On 1/2/2012 8:47 PM, John Marino wrote:
> On 1/2/2012 8:26 PM, John Marino wrote:
>>
>> Then I tried ">gmake check"
>> It got pretty far in the testsuite, complete through "split_i386.sh" and
>> starting failing at incremental-dump.cc due to numerous missing headers.
>>  I'm got a separate build directory, so the test might not be accounting
>> for that (e.g. source is in {top}/binutils-2.22 and my build directory
>> is {top}/build-b222).
> 
> I just drilled into the testsuite directory and typed ">gmake
> check-TESTS" and went through 137 tests.  DragonFly failed 42 of them
> (attached).
> 
> John.
> 

It appears that many of these 42 failures are false positives.  
There seems to be something wrong with the testsuite makefile.  
If I type something like ">gmake gc_orphan_section_test.stdout" 
then the stdout file is created, and "./gc_orphan_section_test.sh" 
test passes just fine.

For whatever reason, these makefile targets aren't getting run.

I'm also getting several similar error messages like, "
Makefile:2639: warning: overriding recipe for target 'ifuncmain1picstatic'
Makefile:2636: warning: ignoring old recipe for target 'ifuncmain1picstatic'"

John



More information about the Binutils mailing list