RFA: Import ARM AARCH64 patch into the 2.23 branch

Matthias Klose doko@ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 15 15:39:00 GMT 2012

On 14.08.2012 17:07, nick clifton wrote:
> Hi Tristan,
>
>   Are you willing to accept the new ARM AARCH64 patch into the 2.23 branch ?
>
>   I have a patched set of local sources all ready to check in. Everything
> builds  and there are no regressions in any testsuite for any toolchain.

I thought Tristan did accept this for the branch in
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2012-08/msg00029.html

"Great.  So I still plan the 2.23 release for end of August.  If aarch64 can go
in the trunk before end of August, please backport it to the release branch.
Otherwise, we will review the release plan.

I will be away until August 20, so I let maintainer decide wether any backport
is appropriate or not."

  Matthias