2.22.1 Possible -> Yes!
Ralf Corsepius
ralf.corsepius@rtems.org
Fri Apr 27 03:41:00 GMT 2012
On 04/26/2012 07:26 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 04/26/2012 07:18 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>> On 04/26/2012 11:02 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>>> On 04/26/2012 03:29 PM, Tristan Gingold wrote:
>>>
>>>> If anyone has patches to backport, please speak up.
>>> These are the 2 patches, I would like to see applied for RTEMS, Joel
>>> mentioned before.
>>>
>>> Both are raw backports from trunk.
>>>
>>> *-1.diff is the coldfire patch.
>>>
>>> *-2.diff addresses build-issues.
>>> Without it, binutils-2.22 fails to build for me on mingw-w64 hosts.
>> And PR13991 which I assume isn't in your build set yet because
>> it is new. :)
> Correct. I actually haven't looked into this patch, yet.
>
> Unless somebody else is faster and if my time permits, I'll try to
> cutting a patch, tomorrow and submit it here, if it has seen at least
> some preliminary testing.
Well, the size and intrusiveness of the resulting patch lets me hesitate
from applying it and to at least stop for now.
Combined with what others said in this thread, I am leaning more to
switching the powerpc-rtems binutils to binutils-trunk than to backport
this patch.
Ralf
More information about the Binutils
mailing list