ld "undefined reference" shows wrong line number
Jon Grant
jg@jguk.org
Mon Jul 11 02:06:00 GMT 2011
Hi Nick
Thank you for your reply.
On 21 June 2011 16:13, Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi Jon,
>
>> would someone be able to confirm if
>> this issue is reproducable if possible please.
>
> Not with the information you provided. In particular we need the command
> line to assemble the start.S file and the command line used to link it
> afterwards.
Sorry, I should have provided more info.
I have created a ticket:
http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=12974
Cmd line:
arm-none-eabi-gcc -g start.S main.c -o test.elf
^ Note the -g is necessary to see line numbers rather than assembler
hex refs in the outout. I expect you already knew this though!
>> The line number 19 is the last symbol in the start.S. void main(void)
>> function does exist in the build as well. Possibly is this the debug
>> info that is incorrect in the start.o file?
>
> Very probably.
>
>> Let me know if you would like me to create a bugzilla ticket.
>
> Yes please. Please include the start.S file as well as the command lines
> mentioned above.
I've attached a zip to the bug ticket 12974 with the start.S and command line.
Thank you for taking a look.
Best regards, Jon
More information about the Binutils
mailing list