gold patch committed: Don't crash with weird linker script

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Sat Jul 9 10:53:00 GMT 2011

In PR 11985 Nick asks what gold should do when using a weird linker
script which discards key sections.  I suppose I think that the general
goal should be to honor the linker script as much as possible.  That is
what this patch does: if the linker script discards sections like
.dynamic or .interp, gold just carries on and does the best it can.
Committed to mainline.

Ian

2011-07-08  Ian Lance Taylor  <iant@google.com>

	PR gold/11985
	* layout.cc (Layout::create_initial_dynamic_sections): Don't crash
	if linker script discards key sections.
	(Layout::create_dynamic_symtab): Likewise.
	(Layout::assign_local_dynsym_offsets): Likewise.
	(Layout::sized_create_version_sections): Likewise.
	(Layout::create_interp): Likewise.
	(Layout::finish_dynamic_section): Likewise.
	(Layout::set_dynamic_symbol_size): Likewise.