[PATCH v4] Fixups of Loongson2F
Wu Zhangjin
wuzhangjin@gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 18:45:00 GMT 2010
Hi Nick, Hi Richard,
On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 13:08 +0000, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Richard, Hi Wu,
>
> > Richard Sandiford wrote:
> > Sorry for the late reply, but can I ask you to reconsider?
>
> Certainly. My concern is that I believe that this patch (or a better
> one) is needed in order to allow the Linux kernel to work on Loongson-2f
> parts. If this is true then I think that it is important that we try to
> resolve the problem.
>
Yes, without this patch(or a better one), the kernel for Loongson2F
machines will not work normally and there are several patches waiting
for upstream are dependent on this patch.
and BTW: I have not gotten the FSF assignment form yet although I'm free
to assign any of my changes to FSF.
> > Anyway, the reason I don't think it's ready is that I think the
> > jump changes should be integrated into the existing macro code,
> > rather than tacked in at the beginning of append_insn.
>
> Ok - is this something that you could do ? I would offer, but MIPS
> assembler is a black art to me.
>
>
> Wu - did you understand Richard's objections to your patch ? If so,
> please could you look into creating a better patch ?
>
Yes, but I have been back to school to focus on my graduate paper and I
need some time to rebuild the experiment environment to play with the
patch. I will be very happy if the Lemote developers can give any help.
Thanks very much!
Best Regards!
Wu Zhangjin
More information about the Binutils
mailing list