[PATCH v4] Fixups of Loongson2F

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Fri Feb 26 13:13:00 GMT 2010


Hi Richard, Hi Wu,

 > Richard Sandiford wrote:
> Sorry for the late reply, but can I ask you to reconsider?

Certainly.  My concern is that I believe that this patch (or a better 
one) is needed in order to allow the Linux kernel to work on Loongson-2f 
parts.  If this is true then I think that it is important that we try to 
resolve the problem.

> Anyway, the reason I don't think it's ready is that I think the
> jump changes should be integrated into the existing macro code,
> rather than tacked in at the beginning of append_insn.

Ok - is this something that you could do ?  I would offer, but MIPS 
assembler is a black art to me.


Wu - did you understand Richard's objections to your patch ?  If so, 
please could you look into creating a better patch ?

Cheers
   Nick




More information about the Binutils mailing list