Change section flags in linker script

Alan Modra amodra@bigpond.net.au
Fri Nov 6 00:34:00 GMT 2009


On Thu, Nov 05, 2009 at 03:55:16PM -0800, Dobes wrote:
> 
> I need to make the text sections in my elf file look like data. Currently, I
> am doing this using objcopy and the "--set-section-flags" flag.  Since my
> executable has many such text sections that I need to make look like data, I
> end up having way too many of these flags to pass and it gets ugly, plus it
> would be nice to not have to take this extra step of calling objcopy.  I
> would prefer to modify this flag via the linker script, but I cannot figure
> out how to do this.

No such feature is available.  Of course, since ld is free software,
you could add the feature yourself if you're willing to write some
code.

-- 
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM



More information about the Binutils mailing list