[patch] Add plugin support for bfd

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Tue May 26 14:15:00 GMT 2009

Hi Rafael,

   Sorry for the long delay in replying this time - I have been away on
vacation for the last two weeks.

   The patch is good - I have now checked it in.  There was only one
small issue - the ar and nm programs were listing --plugin in their
--help output even when they were not configured with plugin support
enabled.  I have fixed this.

>> Â * Ideally you should add a test or two to the binutils testsuite to check
>> the plugin support. Â This might be kind of tricky to write however...
>
> Ideally we would use the same plugin used to test the gold support. Do
> you know if it is possible to do so?

Hmm, I have not looked into this, but I think that it should be
possible.  It might take some effort since gold uses a different test
harness to the rest of the binutils but in theory it can be done.