[Patch] Add --identify option to dlltool

Kai Tietz Kai.Tietz@onevision.com
Mon Nov 10 15:49:00 GMT 2008


Hi Chuck,

binutils-owner@sourceware.org wrote on 10.11.2008 16:22:47:

> Kai Tietz wrote:
> 
> > Well, I think I mixed-up here something. The --identify option to 
dlltool 
> > is fine (as long as there are just import symbols from one dll within 
the 
> > import-library).
> 
> I don't understand your parenthetical caveat. If there are forwarded
> symbols, I thought the forwarding was handled by the (first) DLL, not by
> the import library -- so you'd still have just one direct dependency,
> and just an indirect dependency on the forwarded-to DLL.
> 
> Can you give me a reference to an import library that exhibits the
> behavior you're worried about?
> 
> --
> Chuck
> 

This issue is a bit constructed but possible. See attached library. It is 
a combination of libkernel32.a and libntdll.a.
I need to pack it for message size.

Cheers,
Kai



|  (\_/)  This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny
| (='.'=) into your signature to help him gain
| (")_(") world domination.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: libkn.tar.bz2
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 54673 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20081110/6779c788/attachment.obj>


More information about the Binutils mailing list