[Patch] Add --identify option to dlltool

Mon Nov 10 15:23:00 GMT 2008

Kai Tietz wrote:

> Well, I think I mixed-up here something. The --identify option to dlltool
> is fine (as long as there are just import symbols from one dll within the
> import-library).

I don't understand your parenthetical caveat. If there are forwarded
symbols, I thought the forwarding was handled by the (first) DLL, not by
the import library -- so you'd still have just one direct dependency,
and just an indirect dependency on the forwarded-to DLL.

Can you give me a reference to an import library that exhibits the
behavior you're worried about?

--
Chuck