binutils 2.18 issue with ld on 68hc11/68hc12 port

James Murray jsm@jsm-net.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 24 14:52:00 GMT 2008


After some digging, I have narrowed the "problem" down to these two
patches. binutils from the 25th has no error, after these patches it
gives the error. However, I don't understand why or what to do about it.

2006-07-26  Alan Modra  <amodra@bigpond.net.au>

        * emultempl/elf-generic.em (map_segments): Reorganise loop so
that
        layout happens before segment map.  Don't do segment map on
        relocatable link.

2006-07-26  Alan Modra  <amodra@bigpond.net.au>

        * ldexp.c (fold_name <LOADADDR>): Use the lma.
        * ldlang.h (lang_memory_region_type): Delete old_length.  Add
        last_os.
        * ldlang.c (lang_memory_region_lookup): Init new field.
        (lang_reset_memory_regions): Reset new field.
        (lang_insert_orphan): Don't set load_base.
        (lang_leave_overlay): Likewise.
        (lang_size_sections_1): Delete unnecessary code setting
lma_region
        to region.  Correct lma region check.
        (lang_do_assignments_1): Rename output_section_statement parm
        to current_os.  Set lma from previous section in region.

        * ldlang.c: Formatting.

regards

James Murray
(ps. I can't seem to persuade my mailer to include a References: header)



More information about the Binutils mailing list