[rfc] declaring new object format "FDPIC ELF"

Mike Frysinger vapier@gentoo.org
Tue Apr 22 22:27:00 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 22 April 2008, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 April 2008, Nick Clifton wrote:
> > > what i'd like to do is promote FDPIC ELF as an object format so that we
> > > can do the default target binding based on tuple and in the configure
> > > scripts rather than having this logic in the source code.  the annoying
> > > part is that the obj-fdpicelf files merely define one or two things and
> > > then include the normal obj-elf files.  i'm attaching a working patch
> > > (that is both outdated wrt CVS head and lacking ChangeLogs/etc...) to
> > > show what i mean.  if this is the way to go, i'll clean it up and
> > > submit it for commit.
> >
> > It may seem rather clunky, but I think that this is the way to go.  So
> > please do submit a tidied up patch.
>
> here you go.  ok to commit ?

erp, forgot to note ... tested CVS head bfin-elf, bfin-uclinux,
bfin-linux-uclibc with no regressions.  been testing the patch for a few
weeks against older binutils as well with no noticeable regressions.
-mike