[rfc] declaring new object format "FDPIC ELF"

Mike Frysinger vapier@gentoo.org
Tue Apr 22 21:13:00 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 22 April 2008, Nick Clifton wrote:
> > what i'd like to do is promote FDPIC ELF as an object format so that we
> > can do the default target binding based on tuple and in the configure
> > scripts rather than having this logic in the source code.  the annoying
> > part is that the obj-fdpicelf files merely define one or two things and
> > then include the normal obj-elf files.  i'm attaching a working patch
> > (that is both outdated wrt CVS head and lacking ChangeLogs/etc...) to
> > show what i mean.  if this is the way to go, i'll clean it up and submit
> > it for commit.
>
> It may seem rather clunky, but I think that this is the way to go.  So
> please do submit a tidied up patch.

here you go.  ok to commit ?
-mike

2008-04-22  Mike Frysinger  <vapier@gentoo.org>

	* Makefile.am (OBJ_FORMAT_CFILES): Add config/obj-fdpicelf.c.
	(OBJ_FORMAT_HFILES): Add config/obj-fdpicelf.h.
	(obj-fdpicelf.o): Define.
	* Makefile.in: Regenerate.
	* configure.tgt: Set bfd_gas to yes when fmt is fdpicelf.
	(bfin-*-*): Delete.
	(bfin-*-linux-uclibc): New; set fmt to fdpicelf and em to linux.
	(bfin-*-uclinux*): New; set fmt to elf and em to linux.
	* config/obj-fdpicelf.c: New.
	* config/obj-fdpicelf.h: Likewise.
	* config/tc-bfin.c (bfin_flags, bfin_pic_flag): Set default based on
	the OBJ_FDPIC_ELF define.
	(OPTION_NOPIC): Define.
	(md_longopts): Add mnopic and mno-fdpic.
	(md_parse_option): Handle OPTION_NOPIC.