Is there a static relocatable ELF loader currently available on linux/cygwin?

Ramana Radhakrishnan ramana.r@gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 07:50:00 GMT 2007

Hi,

On 9/3/07, PRC <panruochen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I wonder weather there is such an utility currently available on linux/cygwin,
> which can `load` an relocatable ELF image to a specified address,
> fix all relocation entries based on the specifed address so that the fixed image
> can actually run in the specified address, and finally output the fixed image to
> another ELF file.

What you want sounds like prelinking . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prelinking
Read this : http://people.redhat.com/jakub/prelink.pdf

The prelinker works on GNU/Linux systems - I am not aware of a cygwin port.

cheers
Ramana

--
Ramana Radhakrishnan